“And I hide because there’s more to me than what you see and I’m not sure you’d like the rest. I know that sometimes, I don’t like the rest.”
1. You will never win an argument. And if you try to get away with lying to us during an argument you will never get away with it; we remember every bit of evidence. File under: emotional blackmail.
2. Don’t be surprised if you witness countless breakdowns – it’s not odd to come home to your law student partner shaving off the remainder of their hair in the mirror while aggressive music plays them on.
3. No matter how many affirmations you throw their way, a law student will never believe you. In school they were the cream of the crop, but in law school no matter how hard they try they still believe that they’re failures. Insecurity and law students go hand in hand.
4. When your law student says they are “busy” everyday, they aren’t planning to break up with you through a drawn out process of abandonment – they are legitimately busy.
5. They find it hard to relax – winding down by going for a walk or watching a film together? They want you to believe that they are relaxed but swirling around in that mind of theirs are thoughts about all the study opportunities your company is denying them.
6. You will need to adapt to their ways of communication – if you are imagining hour long phone calls or constant text messaging between yourself and your law school lover, think again. The most revered form of contact in the law school is usually Facebook chat, because, yes, in-between those hours of computer study there are even more hours of procrastination via Facebook.
7. Don’t even think about summer love – when holidays loom so does summer semester and clerkship season. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.
– Theodore Roosevelt
I’m getting so sick of Britain’s businesses. 90% of my dealings with them in relation to Muay Thai stuff have been an absolute failure.
I had bought vests for the club from Buy T-Shirts Online (http://www.buytshirtsonline.co.uk/) last semester and the delivery was delayed. So I thought, “Okay, maybe this is a one-off. I’ll try using them again.” I then bought the same vests from them again but they were out of stock and called me to ask if I would mind if they substituted it with another brand because the other brand is “exactly the same”. I agreed. The vests were sent directly to the printers. After I distributed them to the members who ordered, there were complaints that the vests were too small! It seems like the suppliers do not realise that “exactly the same” refers not only to the design of the vests, but to the cut as well. I contacted the suppliers trying to get the issue resolved but received an extremely unhelpful reply. FUCKING PISSED. This is the last straw in a string of unpleasant events so, I’m sorry but you’re gonna bear the brunt of my wrath.
The supplier’s email:
Alexis, Sorry once garments have been altered (ie printed) there is nothing I can do, I know I sent you alternatives, but these should have been checked prior to printing, this is clearly stated in our terms and conditions.Regards, Dan.
Does this mean that a customer should not trust you regardless of what you say? The vests were sent directly to the printers, which rendered it impossible to check prior to printing. I’ve just looked through the size guide for the Fruit of the Loom vests and they’re obviously different from the measurements you gave for the Starworld vests. Your claim that the vests are “exactly the same” is thus evidently false.
A consumer should be able to trust a business enough to take what they say at face value. However, it seems that this is not the case here. I am pretty sure that if the case were brought to court, your terms and conditions will not stand in the face of a breach of contract.Since we are unable to resolve the issue to both our satisfaction, I am left with no choice but to write to the Office of Fair Trading about your lack of reliability.Cheers
Every order for the Muay Thai club just HAS to go wrong with the stupid sales/delivery ethics here in UK.
You don’t just replace the medal design I chose with another design without informing me, just because it’s out of stock, you idiots. There’s a reason I chose the design I did, because the others just don’t work! Well, allsportsawards.co.uk, you may have been afraid of losing our business because the medals we wanted were out of stock, but you’re about to lose even more money. I don’t care if the medals have been engraved, but you better refund me for the entire order. Breach of contract, dude.
John agreed that I should lawyer them until they consent to a full refund. Gonna bring the damn company down if I have to. And thanks for giving me so much trouble – now I have less than 5 days to get new awards for the interclub. Fucking incompetent nincompoops.
With this kinda work ethics and lack of business foresight, it’s no wonder Britain is in the depths of a recession, and heading towards the “first double-dip recession since 1975.” The Treasury and government can continue worrying about the country’s lack of financial stability, but it’s never gonna improve (and will happen again and again) if their people remain lackadaisical.
The Nottingham SingSoc just had their AGM and I heard the most appalling backstabbing story in a long while. So, let’s call the girl S and the guy L. S and L
were are friends, with L always helping S out. L ran for the position of the Welfare Officer of the society. However, after the deadline for nominations had passed, S decided that she wanted to run for the position as well. So guess what she did? She went behind L’s back and got people to vote RON (reopen for nominations) for the position of the Welfare Officer just so L would not get the position and she could then run for it. She told her friend what she did and her friend asked if she felt guilty. Well, considering what she did, her answer’s no surprise. Abhorrent, yes, but definitely not surprising – she said, “Well, this is politics. It’s how this works.”
Seriously!? Does she think she’s being elected as President of Singapore or something?! It’s just a fucking Welfare Officer of a society in a University! It’s upsetting knowing that such a person will be a fellow lawyer in the future. She can’t even live her life ethically – how the fuck is she gonna be an ethical lawyer? Yes, lawyers may not be known for their ethics. But it doesn’t mean that such unconscionable conduct is justified because there are others around who use unscrupulous means to achieve the desired ends. So what if she’s a chip off her brother’s block? Girl, you’re in University now – time to get a mind of your own and differentiate right from wrong. It’s people like these who give lawyers a bad name.